Do you feel more like a maid, nanny, cook etc than mom and wife sometimes?

Amr515

Asked by Amr515 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, and if I ever did feel that way I promise you I'd just leave for a week. When I came back I think they'd be nicer.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• all women do. we feel unappriecated, taken for granted, an not taken serious. but if it wasnt for us, there would be no man to make the mess or kids to scream at us or busy times in life that make us think, wow i love my life. i kno how u feel thou. my kids dont appriecate me, bf takes me for granted an i just wanna scream an yell. i am a sahm, i cook, clean, taxi, care for 2 kids, care for my bf that acts like hes 4, care for my mom that doesnt seem to understand that im a mother an need to make mistakes. trust me, things get easier. but u have to stand up for urself an let them know that ur not those thing. u are a wife an mother. and when they make u happy that then they can be happy to. best thing to do, yell into a pillow an that normally will take some stress away. then again u can always hire a maid for the help.
    kdbrantley82

Answer by kdbrantley82 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• all I am going to say is YES!!!!! and nothing more because if I do we will be here all night with the story of my life : /
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I am marrie and have a 5 year old son and another boy on the way, i cook i clean i do laundry i do everything possible and then start over again when i get to the end of the list, its like none stop!!! i can only imagine how stressed its going to be with another baby boy
    mandiirae

Answer by mandiirae at 2:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My husband and kids treat me like I'm nothing more than the maid there to clean up after them so they can relax and enjoy their lives. I have zero respect from any of them (except maybe my 8yo who jumps in to clean the whole house all the time... I tell her she doesn't have to do that but she seems to enjoy it). I could spend hours cleaning up a room just to have them (husband included) walk in and trash the place and then walk out and when I ask them what they are doing they look at me like I have two heads. Ask them to clean it up and they start whining about how unfair it is for them to clean up a mess they made (husband included). It sucks.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2011