Any suggestions on a less whiney kid?

My 4 yr old likes his daycare and is very well behaved while there, but as soon as I pick him up and we are out the door, something doesnt go his way like I opened the door, then he throws a fit that he wanted to open the door, and the whining begins and we have a difficult ride home. This happens most days! I would love to talk to the kids about their day but cant since my son is whining the whole way home. Any suggestions???

Luvnmomof2DC

Asked by Luvnmomof2DC at 12:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ignore him. Dont acknowledge his behavior.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Mine always want to hear about my day but didn't want to tell me about theirs, which I would say after awhile, I'll tell you what I did when you tell me what you did. He may need some quite time before you talk about the day. Also, find out what he did from teachers so you can help conversation along until it gets easier.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• give him 10 minutes of your undivided attention when you get home and praise his good behavior
    carolhas2kids

Answer by carolhas2kids at 12:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i tell my twins ""sorry i dont understand whine language, ill listen when you talk normal" it works great
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 11:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2011