My brother in law

goes and tells my kids that they are his girls. they are not his girls they are my husband his brother's. i do not need people thinking he is there father and he has stated they are his girls when we went out as a family me him hubby and kids. is there a polite way of saying yes they are your girl nieces but not your girls? i had dated the uncle briefly in highschool several years ago. so it might be why it freaks me out a bit

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Just correct him everytime you hear him say it. Say, "He means you're his nieces." After you do it enough times, he should get the hint.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• when was high school, last year? I don't get the confusion. Shut that man up! It's ludicrous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• What a jerk. Sounds like he just wants to start sh*!. I agree, just correct him everytime he says it. Also, you can tell him straight out that it makes you uncomfortable and you would prefer he call them his nieces. :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Ummmm. That is odd. Correct him every time. Does your hubby say anything?
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 9:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• oh yeah hubby tells him these are not your girls they are mine. he told me his brother is actually jealous because all he has is boys and he wanted at least 1 girl but yet he makes fun of my hubby for only having girls go figure. he was always a jerk though why he cannot keep a woman either.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2011