Maid of honor fixing brides train on dress...

What am I supposed to do and when.am I supposed to do it?

Am I gonna look like a retard up there fixin her train eveeytime she moves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You're really only supposed to make sure it looks good going down the aisle and for pictures. Other than that, you'll look like a tard, obsessing over things and distracting the guests.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 12:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• If the Bride is staying on a level, straight path, then this can be done before her descent down the aisle. However, if she is turning, or stepping up steps and/or turning to reach her destination, then the Maid/Matron of Honor should first adjust her train before accepting the bouquet to hold. This is most easily done by holding the train at points about (2) feet apart, and gently "shaking" the train (as if shaking a rug!) one good time, and it will fall beautifully in place.

Taken From: http://www.bridesmaid101.com/maid_of_honor_duties.html

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• ugh have been there! what i did was when the bride was next to the groom ( right after she walked down the isle ) i fixed her train so when the pictures were being taken it looked nice.. then i stood in my spot. the bride also gave me her flowers to hold which i gave back when the i do was said and she was walking UP the isle with her new husband. also had to have a speech made ( not fun i have a fear lol ) good luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Here is a good video to help you out.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• no one fixed mine lol I had to tell my sister to do it.. she was my maid of honor
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 12:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011