- want to home school my kids and dont know where to begin any suggestions?

we live in mexico but are from kansas. i want to home school my kids because i do not like the school system here. my son has flunked the 3rd grade this year because he refused to work. but how can i expect him to work when he had a teacher who belittle him every chance he got. i want to home school to the way the us does but dont know where to go the only internet service i have right now is through my phone i am open to all suggestions thanks

Elise_Gurrola

Asked by Elise_Gurrola at 12:15 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in

• Why not look into a cyber school? It will provide all the books and materials, and in some cases, a computer.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 12:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• First step would be to check out the laws regarding homeschooling inn Mexico. Homeschooling is LEGAL in EVERY state in the USA, but for other countries it can be ILLEGAL! So you'll want to check out the laws for Mexico. If it turns out to be ILLEGAL in Mexico (I have NO IDEA what the homeschooling laws are there) then you have to find out if there would be an exemption for you. Why are you living in Mexico? Are you still USA citizens? etc. All those thing may effect your abilities to homeschool legally in Mexico.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Do you mean New Mexico? If so, start with HSLDA and check your state government page as well. You may also want to join Happy Homeschoolers.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• We are US citizens. We live here because my dh is mexican and we own a ranch here. I will look into homeschooling laws here didnt even think about that. Also will look into cyberschooling if they can help provide a computer that would be great. Thanks to who answered
    Elise_Gurrola

Comment by Elise_Gurrola (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

Elise_Gurrola

Comment by Elise_Gurrola (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

Elise_Gurrola

Comment by Elise_Gurrola (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

Elise_Gurrola

Elise_Gurrola

Comment by Elise_Gurrola (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

Elise_Gurrola

• Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2011