My son got his teeth pulled out at 1 1/2 because of sleeping with milk so the dentist told me that they should grow back at 7 and he 7 now and no teeth have started to grow nor does it look like any are gonna start any time soon should I be worried?

Peachy1982

Asked by Peachy1982 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• a narmal child loses teeth about 8 to 10. But u need to take him to the dentist an find out. they will do x-rays an make sure that they are all there an everything is fine. my son busted out his first tooth at 5 an it didnt come in til he was 6. but call the dentist an make an appt. gl
    kdbrantley82

Answer by kdbrantley82 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My 7 year old lost his two front teeth (top) around thanksgiving. By New Year's they STILL hadn't grown in.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• That really IS a LONG TIME to wait for them to grow in. My son lost 3 teeth when he was 4 years old. Two of them had the new teeth push out the baby teeth.

I am really not sure as to WHY the dentist wanted to pull them vs just having them fall out on their own. I would probably go to another dentist and ask for a 2nd opinion as if they would have pulled the teeth or not.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Well his teeth were rotted from the bottle n they he was in pain so I said it was fine to pull them out but the dentist said they should grow in at 7 but he will be 8 in 6 months they say the top teeth take long to grow in but I didn't think this long.
    Peachy1982

Comment by Peachy1982 (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Kids' adult teeth vary quite a lot in terms of the exact age when they grow. Seven is an average, but some kids get them at 5, some not until they are 9 years old. If you're worried and able to take him to a dentist for x-rays, you could do that, but they will almost certainly come, just be patient. Poor kid. I hope his speech is developing okay; must be hard not having any teeth there. :/ My lil boy is 8 and has one of his front teeth but there's no sign of the other one yet.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Yea he's pretty much been without them all his life he sometimes has a hard time pronouncing words but he's okay I just no nxt time Ik not to give a baby a bottle while sleep the milk drips on the teeth and rots them out
    Peachy1982

Comment by Peachy1982 (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i have a daughter who also had the same problem and the dentist we had for her told us her teeth would not grow back b/c she was not old enough for her adult teeth to form yet she is now 11 and we had to buy her a partial to fill in the gap of her 4 front teeth missing
    tjclore

Answer by tjclore at 12:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would take him to the dentist and let them have a look just to be sure everything is good. My oldest is almost 8 and she has gotten some adult teeth but not many.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Just talk it over with the dentist the next time he's in for his 6 month check up. I assuming you go to the dentist every 6 months for a teeth cleaning. Also according to the charts I've seen eruption of the teeth you talking about (when they come in) is 7-8 years. So he still has "time".... Just talk it over w/the dentist the next time you see him.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2011