How many kids is too many in your book?

I think I want a 3rd child but I keep going back and forth with

"Can We/I handle it?"
"Will it feel crowded"
"Will I lose my mind?"

Sometimes I see mothers with 3 or 4 kids and I instantly think OMG thats too much. But I keep going back to wanting a 3rd child. I have a boy and a girl already

myownhappiness

Asked by myownhappiness at 12:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have 7 children, my last son sadly didn't make it but I am now pregnant with my 8th. I think that as long as you can afford your children and that your are not relying on other people financial and are not always asking people to babysit for you then you should have as many as you want. I have one son from my first marriage and he is going to be 18 next week. There is a 6 year age difference between him and my next. But the rest of my children are pretty close in age and the way my family worked out was my 2nd and 3rd are both boys and they are 17 months apart. They are always together and have a close bond. My 4th and 5th were both girls and they are almost 3 years apart but they have a close bond and are always together too. My 6th is a boy. I felt bad that he would not have a sibling close in his age to have the bond that the others have so we decided to have another. My 7th was a beautiful baby boy.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• after u cant afford them then u should stop! my SIL is pregnant with #7! lives off food stamps, unemployment, medicaid, and child support! and she just got all her kids taken away by the state for not passing her drug tests! i hope after this she stops having kids now that she is seeing the awful job she has done with her kids!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• there is no set amount of right or wrong amount of kids. but heres the thing. ur doing the same as me. i also have a boy an girl an i still wanted another one. but im glad that i wa perm fixed after my dd. the person deciding has to be ready for another person as well as financially. plus i hate to say this but the way the economy is right now, i wouldnt dare think of bringing another child in this wold. so it truely is ur choice. gl an best wishes.
    kdbrantley82

Answer by kdbrantley82 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• He sadly died from SIDS when he was 27 days old. We chose to try again so that my youngest would have that bond also. For me going from 2 to 3 was the hardest, but after that it hasn't been that hard. They always have someone to do stuff with. We still do a lot of stuff as a large family. We take family vacations every year and still go out to dinner. I participate in my kids school activities. It is all really about what you think you can handle.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• When you can no longer afford them.
    For us, it would be 4.. Luckily we only want 2. Maybe 3 lol
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• there is no set amount that someone should have. as long as u can care 4 them, afford them & have the meants 2 raise them then i say go 4 it.
    ciaras_mom_05

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• 42 is too many
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 2:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I only have one now, with plans to only have 2. I think I could handle a 3rd, but 4 would be way too many for me personally.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• More than one is too many for me. lol
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 2:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have three, so four would be too many for me. It is different for every couple. IMO, when you don't have enough time in the day to spend with each child that is too many. Not having the money financially to raise them also.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 8:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2011