How do you tell your mom your 16 and pregnant?,

ways i could do it...
1. text her
2. go to the doctor and have them tell her
3. leave pregnancy stick just laying around
4. go up to her with my friend n tell her straight up

Lilnae50

Asked by Lilnae50 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• tell her straight up but not with a friend tell her alone. If you can be a big girl doing adult things you sure as hell better be able to go to your mama and tell her the consequences of those actions. And watch out for that verbal bitch-slap that is coming your way lol
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• since ur old enough to have sex then ur old enough to be a real woman and tell her straight face to face. dont lie or hide it. only makes things worst. if u did it any other way then ud still be a child an ur mom may fight for the child. id be a woman and sit her down an tell her.
    kdbrantley82

Answer by kdbrantley82 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Tell her to her face. She will be so much more angry if you can't be grown up enough to talk to her face to face. If you need to have your friend there to help you go through with it, then I think thats okay. But, try to do it by yourself. It will at least show some maturity :) Good luck, and please... tell her sooner rather than later.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Tell her straight up, but I agree not with a friend. You were acting like an adult when you decided to have sex, you can act like an adult and face the consequences, and tell your mother face to face without a friend there. I thinking having your friend there would just make the matter worse.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Well she probably already knows that you're sixteen. Telling her you're pregnant will be the tricky part! (sorry, I don't mean to make light of it, hon). I had trouble telling my mom I was pregnant even when I was 24 and had been married nearly a year, some mothers just won't hear it if they can avoid it. So make sure you have her full attention. Do not just leave the stick lying around. Don't get the doctor to do it. Just tell her you have something important to say, could she come to your room for a minute, or wherever you're comfortable, and just tell her, "mom, I'm pregnant". Then give her at least a few hours to think about it before you expect a rational or reasonable response. She may have a lil melt-down. Be prepared for that. There may be silence, there may be yelling and screaming. Ignore what she says and does until she has had time to think it through. *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Think of a creative way. My friend told her parents by bring a dozen roses + 1 home. She said one rose from your baby and a dozen from mine (in a letter) but she was 23. I thought it was a beatiful idea.
    neclark18

Answer by neclark18 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i mean i know i have to be a women about this but some of you guys are saying that im not and i am but is it so bad that yes im scared to hurt my mom tons more then my father already has?
    Lilnae50

Comment by Lilnae50 (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I think we are trying to tell you how things will be from your moms point of view.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• nobody said you weren't being or going to be a woman. But from grown womens standpoints that is how we see things. You are still a young girl whether you want to be one or not.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Tell her face-to-face. i had to when I was 17.
    I think, as a mom now, I would see it as betrayal if my daughter couldn't tell me face-to-face.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2011