Should I let my baby cry???

My two month old cries everytime I put her down. Even if she's asleep!! She'll wake up no more than 30 minutes later and start crying!! Should I just make her lay there and cry? I don't want her to be spoiled, but I also don't want her to feel neglected.

EMTcassie

Asked by EMTcassie at 8:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• haha I just asked this question! It makes me feel better that other people wonder too
    00MissJade

Answer by 00MissJade at 8:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My baby is 5 months old though, at 2 months I think she is way too little. Your baby needs to feel secure before you can let her CIO, I think and she just came into the world 2 months ago! But I am no expert, obviously.
    00MissJade

Answer by 00MissJade at 8:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I don't think it's a good idea to let your baby cry at 2 months old. Baby needs mama, no matter what time it is. More appropriate when your baby is closer to a year old to start that, my opinion.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i think thats a little 2 young my dd is almost 10 months and i sometimes let her cry for a while and if it doesn't stop i confurt her and then she is fine but 2 months is way 2 young
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• You CANNOT spoil a baby by picking them up. EVER. Spoiling is when they become toddlers and ask for and get everything they see.

There's a study on Dr. Sears website that blows away "spoling" theories...the researchers found that attachment-parented babies became more independent toddlers, while those who were left to cry as infants became the clingy toddlers.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• You can't spoil a 2 month old. She just came out of your body 2 months ago! She doesn't even know she is a separate person than you. Just enjoy snuggling with her while you can because this time will pass! Get a sling so you can get things done while she is close and swaddle her tightly before she falls asleep if you want to be able to lay her down.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• And just to let you know ,my twins are 11 months old and even now I can't let them cry it out. When a baby's that little they need you to be their for them. They are little for such a short time...
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 8:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I wouldn't let her cry at this age. Although, that doesn't mean you have to keep her from crying every second of the day either. Sometime you have to do things that can't wait (like use the bathroom!) and then let her cry for a little bit...
    If she wants to be held all of the time you could buy a sling or carrier so you have your hands free.
    And you coulld work on things so she doesn't mind being left alone for a bit, like on the floor or whatever... get down and play with her. Or if you put her in a swing, sing to her and talk to her.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• When my son was 2 months old I let him cry it out for only 10 mins and if he was still crying then I would go get him! You can't hold a baby 24/7 or you would not get anything done! I have two children if I held my 6 month old all the time, my 2 year old would hate me and him! I let him cry it out now, some of the moms reading this may think I am mean for doing this but its called self soothing!
    porterjoshua06

Answer by porterjoshua06 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• You can get a wrap and wear your baby if you need to get things done it's great your hands are free and baby is nice and snug against mama
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 9:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008