Why are adoption agencies so expensive and offer no support for those trying to adopt

tjclore

Asked by tjclore at 12:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Adoption

• That is a good question. Its not like they paid for the birthing of the child or the cost to create it.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• well it just depends which adoption agency you are talking about...The one that my husband and myself used are the greatest...i doknow there are some agencies that charge gobs of money so they can recruit the pg mommies and pay for all of their rent, food, etc. We went through a place called catholic charities in grand rapids michigan....Great price and some fabulous people to work with...Lots of support and they even have special dinners once per month for adoptive parents and etc...Hope this helps...If you need any info on this agency or of another one in that area please feel free to drop me a line....
    parklakemommy

Answer by parklakemommy at 1:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• If you do not feel that you are getting the proper support from the agency that you chose, then I would highly suggest looking for a new agency.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• "there are some agencies that charge gobs of money so they can recruit the pg mommies" This is spot on. It's simple supply and demand. As single motherhood loses it's stigma more women are raising their own children and there are less infants available for adoption. So the agencies have to spend money on marketing to women in crisis pregnancy. They know that they can charge thousands for a healthy infant and if one couple isn't willing to spend it, there 40 more in line behind them who are.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I felt very supported by our agency. We used American Adoptions.
    ZoeyBethsMomma

Answer by ZoeyBethsMomma at 9:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011