Back pain after epidural

Okay moms I've been having ALOT of back pain for the past week and a half. The pain gets so bad that I can't move, do't get much sleep,can't sit back all the way. All the things that Im use to doing I haven't been able to since the back pain started even holding my daughter takes me into pain. It's been 17 months since I've had my daughter. Is it possible that the back pain is caused from the epidural?? Any advice and answers will help. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

• I had pain for almost 2 years from my epi. I finally went back to the doctor and he gave me another injection with an antinflamatory and a painkiller. It helped a lot but it can still hurt when it gets cold.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• WOW!! But why do women get pain after having an epi.? What causes this to happen, I mean that long after having a baby!?!?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I had chronic back pain for years after my epi.  I started going to a chiropractor and it helped a lot.  It took some time but I don't have chronic back pain anymore.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My cousin still has back pain from her epidural, 8 years later. I sort of had an epidural (after 68 hours of labor, and longer with no sleep, and no food, I asked for one even though I didn't want drugs, I just really wanted to sleep). Basically, they got as far as trying to insert the catheter for it into my back, and then had to stop because I was ready to push. Anyway, I still have pain in my back and DD is almost 3. It's only pain right where I had the epidural and I never had the pain before DD was born. I think my mom still has pain from her last one (almost 14 years ago), and I've talked to a few other people who still have pain from it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2011