Need some substitute cat food...

I ran out of dry cat food for my kitties and was going to get some in the morning...but they're meowing for a snack and I am not going to the store now. Anyone know of a homemade cat food recipe or something else that I can give them to tide them over until morning? I might have a can of tuna but I need to make it stretch for 3 kitties (all normal and healthy).

terirose22

Asked by terirose22 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Pets

• no...all that processed crap will probably make them sick...the breading is not good for them...especially if they are used to a specific diet...animals go a lot longer than that without food and do just fine...if they have water, they will be ok overnight.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• just give it to them as a snack..they can go til morning and they will be fine...don't give them anything else though..they're better off with nothing than something that might make them sick.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Fish sticks? Chicken nuggets? Got anything like that?
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• @Calliesmom that's what I was thinking...I'll see if I have the tuna or not. They're just being spoiled :)
    terirose22

Comment by terirose22 (original poster) at 1:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Really? I has no idea it could make them sick. Good to know.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Cheese, milk, chopped up sandwich meat, some kitties also like to sip on a bit of lukewarm (not hot) plain chicken broth (no onions or seasonings). If you have eggs, scramble some up with a little butter (no other seasonings) and give that to them. They also eat cooked chicken, cut into bits (fried, roasted, or baked). Good luck!
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• milk and a raw egg mixed together with a bit of sugar - every cat i have had loves this and is a great filling snack - if not small chunks of cheese or some meat if you have any to spare
    vickiw89

Answer by vickiw89 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I did find a can of tuna, left the water in it and split it 3 ways. The other ideas make sense, because canned cat food often contains eggs, cheese, chicken, etc., so I will file them for the next time. They are all happy to have had such a treat and no more pathetic meowing! Peace reigns in the house once again thanks to the awesome moms!
    terirose22

Comment by terirose22 (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2011