I need some ideas for crafts made from stuff around the house for me and my 11 yr old daughter

TamTam0076

Asked by TamTam0076 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• popsicle sticks, you can build so much with popsicle sticks. also if you get a small toy like one of the cheap ones from mcdonalds. glue it to the lid of a glass jar. paint the jar with different colors. put water in jar and add glitter to the water. put glue around the inside of the lid and seal the jar with the lid and let dry. a homemade "snowglobe".
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 1:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• you can revamp old picture frames by painting/glitter. I didnt do this with a daughter but i found it very fun...if you have any art work of flowers or land/sea scapes (something with simple shapes) "bedazzle it". I had this beautiful painting of a rose. I went to my local craft shop and bought those round glass stones that you put in vases or fish tanks (the even have metalic and . I picked out the colors that matched my painting and then i glued the stones to the painting. Kinda like paint by numbers except i was using stones. It turned out so pretty..now instead of just a flat painting i had this beautiful 3d piece of art that shimmered in the light. You can decorate some porcelin tiles together with paint or acrylic marker..then glue them to a sturdy back piece and hang them on on the wall. Take up crocheting, knitting or needlepoint. Scrap booking. Creat your own mother daughter recepie book. CONT..
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 1:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have many ideas.. if you want to hear more sugestions you can message me. I hope i was able to help
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 2:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Check.out WWW.familyfun.com for lots of ideas. It's s great web site.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Wire hangers and yarn... instant Dream catchers!! Tell us what'cha got and we'll tell ya what to do...lol.
    6GsMommy

Answer by 6GsMommy at 1:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Save different sized canisters (coffee, oatmeal, etc.) and then cover them with wrapping paper that matches her room. They can be used to store trinkets, hair bows, small collectibles...whatever.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 9:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• fotos albums and flower arrangments dish garden games
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• make friendship bracelets.
    CarrieR62

Answer by CarrieR62 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Give her a sticky tape dispenser and collect boxes and bottle tops etc and give her tin foil and netting from oranges and so on. She'll be busy for hours! Mine are at any rate. xxxxxxxxx
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 5:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2011