Painful sex with an IUD?

i just got an iud a couple months ago. it hurts when we have sex. anyone have this issue? i have the mirena if that makes a difference. and if you did, did it resolve on its own or did you have to remove it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

• I have the paraguard...sex is no different.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Ive had one and it shouldnt hurt like that unless you insert it wrong, i would go ahead and report this to your Dr. and get a new one so you dont get infection.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 1:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Sex shouldn't hurt. Period. Talk to your doctor ASAP because a simple check can determine if there is an issue. To let it go could result in infection, infertility, and a host of other problems.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I couldn't have sex when I had it. A. I was in so much pain in general from that POS I almost went to the ER a few times, B. DH got stabbed by the strings (and not on the head, WAY down the shaft) and i saw it when it was removed...the strings were at least 2.5 inches long. I had so many problems from it, I almost went crazy. Sex issues were the least of my problems, though. I had it removed and almost immediately felt better, and sex was fine about a week later, after everything healed.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i have the mirena & i have painful sex alot... but not all the time, & still havent went to the doctor.
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 3:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011