People that don't dress accordingly

Do you get embarrassed for them?  I know a girl who weighs roughly 300lbs.  She wears strapless tight-fitting shirts ONLY.  When I run into her I'm always embarrassed for her.  I'm heavy set- not as much as her- but I dress in clothes that fit me!  She does this thing where she waves her arms around, and I can't look at her.  Since she has on a topless shirt she has nothing covering her arms, and she has LOTS of flab.  I mean it looks like she is flying when she waves her arms about like a mad person.  I ran into her today and couldn't wait to walk away from her.  I was sooo embarrassed for her.  She couldn't possibly think she looked good?  To top it all off she wears her shirt weird and she has big rolls coming out over her shirt between her boob and armpit.  I was mortified.  Do you see people not dressed accordingly to their body type and feel embarrassed?  Im maybe 60lbs over weight and feel as if my arms need some work.  I would NEVER be caught dead without my arms covered or rolls coming out of my shirt, and I don't weigh nearly as much as her.   I'm really not bashing her, I just can't wrap my head around why someone would do that to themselves.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Because she is secure in herself. No need to be embarrassed for her. People will love her for her, or not at all. And that is not a bad thing. At least she knows who her true friends are...you obviously are not one of them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I like the phrase "just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you are supposed to wear it" Sounds like she needs to be on that show "what not to wear"
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• She may be thinking this will get her the attention she wants,which is very sad to me.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 2:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I am 4'11 i weigh 200. i am 50 lbs over weight. i am very curvy, top and bottom heavy..I am for the most part comfortable in my skin. I would like to loose a few pounds, the most i would lose would be 50. that would leave me at 150..which is still about 30 - 35 lbs over weight for my height. I like being thick. I wear stretchys with tight fitting shirts, skin tight jeans (i make sure they fit so i dont get a muffin top). yes i get rolls when i sit. and i have the typical roll in under my shoulders (not that big i still have a very definitive hour glass figure) but i would rather show off my natural curves in clothes that form fit. when i wear looser clothing that "hides" my "problem areas i find that they just accent them. They make me look bigger than i really am. i do have big arms and i am a lil self consious (spell?) about them but i dont hide them. I feel i only have 1 person to impress and thats DH..Cont..
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 2:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• who care what other people think. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
    MonkeyMommyNJ

• as long as hubbys happy and likes the way i dress then i am happy
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 2:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• SleepingBeautee- She isn't my friend. I never said she was I said "I know a girl". Not "My friend". Learn to read. I wouldn't want to be her friend. She is mean and backstabbing. She's mean to her old mother. She calls her son a 'fucking idiot' he is 1. She cusses like a sailor. She sleeps around, she doesn't know who her DS's father is. It's one of 4 different men. She mooches. She likes to experiment with drugs. She is not a person who I want in my life. I was simply commenting on her horrific clothes. If you didn't like it you didn't need to read it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• TAKE A PICTURE AND GIVE IT TO HER
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I'm guessing because she just doesn't care what other people think. Because she is so overweight, I'd figure she is usually always quite warm, so she dresses for that...not for people like you who get embarrassed when they see extra skin hanging over her. So, no, I wouldn't get embarrassed for her because she's fine with it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't get embarrassed for other people who dress this way I figure the must enjoy having people stare at them and this is the reason they dress this way...the kids that wear their pants so that their underwear is showing disgusts me also. I would love to go and yank their pants up and tell them to buy something that fits but just shake my head and keep walking.

I am heavier set also and wear clothes that fit me not baggy but not tight either and I don't buy sleeveless shirts because I don't feel comfortable in them. But you can't dress other people and some people are just that way. You can either confront her about it or just let it go and come up with a reason why you can't talk to her. I would say be honest and tell her--the truth hurts sometimes but sometimes it is the only way to get reasoning across to some people. Good luck
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2011