My DD heard me make a comment about Caylee Anthony...

They were showing video footage of her and I said, "That poor little girl..." and my DD (4 yo) asked me what was wrong with her. I told her she got hurt. She asked if she feels better and I told her no she went to heaven to play with Sonya (our dog). And she got sad and asked if she could play with Sonya too. I told her no because her mommy would never hurt her or let anyone else hurt her. It got me all choked up just talking to her about this.

Have you told your children about this case yet?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 3:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Aww,just let it pass, she'll forget befor the nights up. Shes to young to understand regardless (: -Ashley
    lolyesduh

Answer by lolyesduh at 3:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My son is a older, 8, so he knows. I talk to him about a lot of the realities of the world. Today we talked about 9/11 when he asked why we are at war. Funny thing is he knew about Bin Laden but had no idea what he did. He knows about Casey Anthony and the trial, he knows the verdict, but we don't discuss whether or not we think she killed her daughter.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 4:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I try not to let my three year old daughter watch the news because she has a strange understanding of things like that. She has seen a little of it though and all she does is look at me with a sad face and cuddled into my chest. She knows that the baby died but she doesn't really understand how.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• my 9 yr old says to me yesterday "why would a Mom kill her kid? he says Moms aren't suppose to do that. they are suppose to just love them. "
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• No. Although I'm been periodically following the case online, I haven't watched anything about it on television (thank goodness for Disney, Nickelodeon, Hub, etc.). She's 5yo and I'd, at least for now, like for her to remain in her happy little world where psycho mommies don't kill their babies.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Yes, but the focus of our discussions have more to do with the legal system and the way a judge and jury work. My DS is interested and DD doesn't really care that much. I told them that her mother did something to her and that we will never really know what happened. DS is more interested in the government and the rules. DD is really more interested in her Barbies, Squinkies and Zoobles.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I'm with AllAboutKeeley. I haven't followed the case religiously and DD is 6. IMO this isn't something she needs to know about yet.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 11:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Umm no sorry their kids they don't need to know any more about the cruelity of the world then they need to for safety reasons. I will tell my kids about sex offenders what to watch for not to trust strangers etc. However I would never force a child into this type ogf reality let them be young and clueless while they can they will have tons of years to know how sick people can be
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I didn't force it on her, she overheard me making a comment about it.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yes my son is 9 and is came to me asking about it. My son also has a emotional IQ and brain IQ higher than most adults so we as parents sat down with him and talked the case out and explained the case, the lack of evidence and the f***ed up jusctice system and the beyond reasonable doubt/double jep all these things with him. He is still a kid and has watch to many super hero movies and thinks all bad guys should be in jail so that was a tough pill for him to swallow. But he knows someday she will get hers...
    ky_phoenix

Answer by ky_phoenix at 1:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2011