Relationships

My brother is mad at me and won't let me see his kids, the kids want to come over sooo bad, he does'nt realize how he's hurting them, he won't let them see their own mother either, their is an evil step-mother involved. How do I just forget about this I've tried to make up with him to no avail.

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 4:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I understand completely!!!! My sister is mad at my mother and has refused to speak to or see her since the day my sisters daughter was born about 5 months ago.. She also refuses to let my mother see or spend any time with her other 3 grandchildren! My sons 3rd birthday is coming up in a couple weeks and my sis tells me that she cannot come because she cannot be around our mother. This is ridiculous and my sister needs to grow up an suck it up (and I told her so)! My sis also refuses to go to her uncles memorial service whom she was very close to because of this. Sometimes adults can act so incredibely adolescent , it's sickening!!! And the kids are forced to suffer without even understanding the purpose. I sympathize and understand, my mother has tried to make up many times as well to no avail! She refuses to speak to or have anything to do with her.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 5:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Hey i am sorry this has happend to you. The only thing I can tell you is perhaps write the kids a letter and maybe they can recieve them.
    Stay in touch any way you can and make sure you are trying with the step mother. I don't know all details but maybe she also is
    getting wrong facts from your brother.Try again with her or write her she is probly the key.
    meme699

Answer by meme699 at 6:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Having been on the other side, I did keep my children away from my parents for about six months once. I don't know the situation that caused your sister do this but... I think, I had all the right to protect my children in my incident.
    Don't judge to harshly! Today, she sees my children about once a week.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I am with SassySue123. I am in that situation right now. Sometimes family can be so toxic that you need to protect your children from them. I don't know why your sister is upset with your mom but they will have yo work it out.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You don't forget...forgetting about close relatives is something very unlikely to happen...Try having a mutual friend or relative to invite both families for a BBQ ... see the children and show them your love...be respectful and happy with him and wife
    -Again-Whew

Answer by -Again-Whew at 8:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I am sorry that he is being a ass to you but the kids do not need to be brought into this. if he is upset with you and everybody else he should take that up with you but those kids do not have anything to do with it. Its sad that they have to suffer.
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 8:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• this situation happened not to long ago with my family and i understood where my sis was coming from but she didnt keep my niece away from family events she gave my dad permission to take her to almost all events but what made it bad is my sisters are twins and they were the ones who were fighting it took almost a year for them to start talking again just hold on he will blow over soon ghting it took almost a year for them to start talking again just hold on he will blow over soon
    Elise_Gurrola

Answer by Elise_Gurrola at 9:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• check to see if you can file for visitations. i might be going through that now to see my son's 2 siblings (different moms). i told the kid's grandmother to do it- but she wont and thats when i found out that basically ANYONE can file- doesnt just have to be family members.

same with the kids' mom-- she needs to file for visitations if she didnt lose them
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 10:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2011