How to Homeschool?

How can I legally Home school my child in the state of Florida? She would be starting Kindergarten in Fall.
How do I need to go about it and what do I need to to? Do I need an certificates???

Thnaks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I uese abecka books and materials, google it and you can order materials from them with set by set guide lines, ect.
    Also, search for a local support group in your area of other home school parents. Sometimes they'll get together for field trip or other activities. If one parent has a special talent to share, they do.
    Good luck, its planning and dedication...
    Don't for forget to look up your state laws for any required testing, ect.

SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You should be able to find a lot of resources in Florida. The public schools have a bad reputation so there are lots more home and private schoolers. If you can find a local group that homeschools, you can share resources. You should see if any teacher supply stores have a way to connect up area homeschoolers. There are state mandated tests your daughter will need to pass. You do not need any special training or certification to homeschool. As your daughter gets older and wants to participate in school activities like sports, it's possible to enroll in public school just for that.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• First step: find out what Florida law is regarding homeschooling. Every state has different laws and requirements. Once you clearly understand the laws and requirements and feel that you can obey them, then you can start looking into curriculum options and support groups, etc.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i am homeschooling my ds for preschool. i went to the libaray and found a perschool curriculum guide. it has lesson plans in it. we are also getting work books and flash cards from dollar tree. they actually have a lot of educational supplies.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2011