What do you think of Casey Anthony wanting to adopt

She wrote in her jailhouse letters that she wants to adopt a baby from Ireland or from the US.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Adoption

• I don't think it will happen, although I guess you never know!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I really don't think she needs to be around any children right now and in the future. She needs extensive counseling and a lot of prayer. She needs to be seeking a relationship with herself and learn what LIFE itself is all about. Something went wrong somewhere along the way of her growing up... what is it??? she doesn't need to adopt or have children until she is cured of whatever it is she is hiding... God help her
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 7:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• she would never pass the character requirements anyways.....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I hope that they don't let that happen. She needs to be fixed to keep from getting pregnant herself, but that won't happen either.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 8:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• wait, what?! Her child wasn't good enough and she couldn't protect her but she wants to adopt an innocent baby from someone else? uhh.... I would hope no adoption agency would even consider it.

I mean what is she gonna do, murder one from every country until she is caught with sufficient evidence?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would hope that no one would accept and approve her homestudy. If nothing else, they should be able to use the conviction of lying to police against her.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Ugh - are you kidding me! No way - she shouldn't ever have children again! I don't think she would pass the adoption process anyway.
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would hope that any person who was found innocent of a crime was poked at as innocent by others. Look, you can disagree with the verdict but she was found not guilty. She has the right to live her life and even have more children some day. It is her right. You don't have to even like it. And I one hundred percent agree with the jury's decision in her case. But as far as adoption I am certain very few expectant families will deliberately chose her to parent. I am positive most countries would not accept her applications. State adoptions would not based on concerns of abuse and neglect. Although frankly she was never charged with that. Writings and doings are very different. I am sure she wants a lot of things she will never have. Despite this being an unpopular answer - I have much compassion for her. Do not get me wrong - I think she is responsible for events leading to her daughter's death.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I believe she should have been charged with neglect and could have easily been found guilty - she could have had a sentence of thirty years but the state fucked up. They could not prove she actually physically murdered her child. Zero evidence. But yes, I do have great sorrow for her life. I am not forgetting there is a dead child nor am I some how happy about a child's death because I am sad for the mother. I have known other women who have murdered their children....it is always sad. These are not as simple as Nancy Grace spouts from her simple minded soap box.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Frogdawg: Agree, agree. I do hear that a new law is coming out of it where they will make it a felony to fail to report that a child is missing. At least that one positive thing came out of it.

I think this may be a case where anyone can give birth but not anyone can adopt. She would never pass a home study with her record. If she wants more children, she will have to get pregnant with another child where she doesn't know who the father is.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2011