Does it make me a b*tch to not accept a present from my husband's friend because I don't like him?

My hubby's best friend wants to get me a present for Christmas. I don't want one from him. he creeps me out. He stares all the time, tries to watch me breastfeed, is over everyday and I'm sure some of you know who I'm talking about. My hubby thinks I'm mean for not even wanting it... I don't care about getting stuff. If he DOES get me something I'll accept it but I expressed I didn't want one, very nicely too.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 8:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• Your husband still hasn't ditched the creepy guy? I don't think it makes you a bitch. You have made your feelings about him known. It sounds like he may be trying to buy your affection. I can't believe your husband is putting up with this. From previous posts it sounds like creepy guy is trying to horn in on his territory.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• sounds like his friend has a thing for you. Your husband should address that. Why would he want to be friends with someone like that?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i wouldn't be rude or nasty..but accept it :)

NOW.. does it make you wrong for not wanting?? absolutely not!! you have your reason why you feel that way... but you shouldn't be rude or mean to him for doing something nice to you!! But vent all you want to your hubby so he knows how you feel =D
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• He sounds creepy. Since he is your husband's friend, all you can do is to be gracious about the gift. And try to never be alone with him.

Answer by Bmat at 8:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Nope! Shit if I really don't like someone, nobody can make me go out of my way to make them feel as though I DO like them.. cuz I don't! LOL well sure maybe it does make you a bitch huh? Cuz I can be a bitch sometimes too. =) But I've done it before, if I don't like someone, then I won't hide it from them. If I accept their gift as if I really wanted it, they'll think I like them. It would be different if he was this well-mannered, polite, nice person and just wanted to give his "friend's" wife a gift, then that would make you a total bitch. Adam should know that he makes you uncomfortable and nobody can blame you for being a normal person!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 8:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• That does not make you a bitch! Hell I don't like one of my SO's friends for different but similar reasons and I never take anything from him. I don't want him to have leverage against me in the future and I want to make sure that it is clear that I want nothing to do with him.

Not once will I give or take from that man and that does not make me a bitch. You are NOT one either.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 8:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• sort of; he prob doesn't know u don't like him. I know this I hated all my BFs friends when I was in my 20s but thats cuz I was mad at the time they took away from me. Now in my 40s I have a new long time beau and its not the friends its the family, but I just don't pretend I like people, so I don't have to be a B about it. Its not that I hate them, and I'm a very friendly person to strangers, I've just learned alot about people and don't have time for fakes in my inner circle.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 8:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 by: Anonymous
    sort of; he prob doesn't know u don't like him. I know this I hated all my BFs friends when I was in my 20s but thats cuz I was mad at the time they took away from me. Now in my 40s I have a new long time beau and its not the friends its the family, but I just don't pretend I like people, so I don't have to be a B about it. Its not that I hate them, and I'm a very friendly person to strangers, I've just learned alot about people and don't have time for fakes in my inner circle.

Oh he knows. The reason I hate this guy is because he invites himself over everyday. He tries to follow me when I breastfeed. He watches my baby a little TOO closely.Like he's a freakin child molester!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 9:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• creepy!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sorry, bf in a locked room, cannot believe your dh allows it to happen!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• This is scary to me, Mar - honestly. My exh was the same way and well, he raped me and also molested my 3 kids. DO NOT ignore that gut feeling. I would be adamant w/DH and say: "I won't tell you not to be friends with him, but I will tell you I do NOT want this man around me or our son! If you can't respect that for my sake, and I am your wife, then YOU can leave!" I know you've talked to him - but he needs to realize that you are serious, hun. GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2008