OMG help ladies. I have had a earache for two days and it is horrible what can I do?

I have never had a earache before so I really do not know what to do for it . I am trying not to go to the dr.Please and thank you .

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 8:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

• I get ear infections all the time. Ibuprofen & a decongestant are the best things to help - they don't always cure it, but they help the most!
    Anonymous

• uhh.. going to the doctor would be your best bet if you want to keep your hearing. Just saying, you never know what is going on and like most home "fixes" whatever you do could make it worse and burst your ear drum
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• try using a hairdryer lightly to see if it is water in your ear.. do you have a throat problem as well? A doc for a first time illness is always adviseable as you haven't had one before... you may need to get it checked out.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 8:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• When my boys had ear pain (from ear aches or an ear infection) I would put a warm, wet washcloth on their ear. The warm, moist heat helped. I also would give them some children's advil/motrin for the pain. I really think you need to go to the doctor and get this checked out and see what is going on, and what they can do to help you feel better. I hope you feel better soon!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You can buy ear drops at the drugstore. A not, dry pack might help too. My mother once wrapped up an illuminated, hot light bulb in a towel for me to sooth an earache I had. Also, see the doctor if you can.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 9:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2011