Left my husband. pls help.

Ladies I need some encouraging words. My husband and I have had a very rocky rollercoaster relationship for the past 6 years, I've let him get away with everything--lying, cheating, drug use and a heavy alcohol habit. We have a son who has adhd and is perscribed adderall, yesterday I found my sons just filled empty adderall bottle in my husbands drawer(no I wasn't being nosey I was looking for somthing for our son). To me that was tthe breaking point. He just looked so low and pathetic to me at that point, how could he do that to our son????I guess I just need to hear I did the right thing by not letting him comme back in the house after finding that. He had to wander the streets last night and who knows where he will end up. I'm so used to the people closest to me telling me to leave him that its just a repeat of everything I've heard coming from them. I need to hear it from somewhere else. Someone explained to me that he is my 'drug' and I need to stop!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• u did the correct thing, you know that. You son doesnt need to see all of that and grow up thinking it is okay.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I hope everything works out for you. You can't enable him. Drugs are a big deal and a hard thing to live with. I hope he's able to get his shit together but, in the mean time, you and your son will be better off not having to deal with that.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 8:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Leaving immediately can make things harder for you later (i.e. guilt on moving too fast). First consider the benefits/consequences for your son, next benefits/consequences for you. Is your husband willing to get professional help. If he's willing to get help for himself and his family...then it may be good to stay by his side (although it may get harder before it gets right) but you sound like a patient wife and mom. If you have reach the end of your rope with him explain it to your lawyer as you move on with your life.
    -Again-Whew

Answer by -Again-Whew at 8:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Leaving him was nice. If he took my kids medication I may have kicked his ass. No one screws with my kids, do whatever you want to me but they are off limits. I'm proud of you. Now stick with it.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Change the locks and put his stuff out on the front porch. You are doing the right thing for you and your child.

Answer by louise2 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I think your an amazing women to put up with it for so long. You deserve better. There are not too many women who could do that. Change the locks and move on with your life. Do not go back to the past because he may never change.
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 8:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• you did the right thing hun!!he needs to get his crap together he obviously is so far into the adiction that he was able to hurt his own son that way!!!!!! but thats besides the point!!! chica you deserve far better!!!!! a man who cheats and lies to the woman he "loves" is no man!! and if he truely loved you to begin with he would not have been treating you this way!!!! you are a wonderful woman for all the chances you have given him but you can only give so many chances. i think its time to take care of YOU (and your child) you have spent so long doing for him now do for you hunni. and its upto him if he is going to get better but i think you need a guy who treats you like a princess. i hope i was to angry sounding but i cant believe this guy treats you this way. best of luck to you feel free to message me whenever :)
    tylersmommy54

Answer by tylersmommy54 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2011