How can I convince my husband to talk with me

I am stationed in Iraq. Met my husband on line 5 months ago. (His past wife died a few months before we met on line). We got married when I came back to the US (spent 2 weeks with each other after we got married). He was talking to me so much that I would actually fall asleep on the phone/internet sometimes. Approximately 3 weeks ago, he backed away from: rarely talking with me, rarely emailing or chatting with me as we did at first...it even looks like he "hiding" on line. He is a Christian man who does not beleive in cheating...so I need to know what am I possibly doing wrong? better yet what can I do to improve our communication without offending him. I will return to the US very soon and looking for a job near him.

-Again-Whew

Asked by -Again-Whew at 8:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Well you really don't know him that long maybe he is cheating that is why he can't talk to you?

He may also have a past that you do know nothing about? people can lie for a long time, and five months is not long.

I think you should Google him to see what he is up to. You may not be the only girl on line he has married? You may want to think about getting divorce?
    I have read this has happen to some of the military women and men.

Good luck

gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Well, first of all thank you sooooo much for your service!! To your question, Communication is the KEY to a healthy relationship! Good communication establishes trust and without trust so many problems arise! You need to tell him that he is hurting you and you are worried - express your heartfelt need for his support at this time without accusations of mistrust. Anyway, you will be home soon and you should dive right in and find out why he's been distant. Good luck to you! You are away doing something wonderful for the betterment of all and be proud, stay strong and don't let him get you down! :o) :o)
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Maybe he has uncovered a breach in privacy that could be harmful to the two of you. I would follow his lead and communicate only what is necessary.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 8:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2011