How do I get my child to stop picking their nose and.... adult content

EATING IT?! Eww!

I've told her it's nasty, smacked her hand and made the immature puke faces at her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I taught my kids how to use a tissue because of this.I would put a tissue in their pockets all the time and told them this is what you use when it feels like something is in your nose and you want it out. I'm not proud but I did hit my daughters hands when she started to do this. I just got grossed out, so I over reacted. I think she was 3 years old when this happen.

I have a niece with a 10 years old and a 8 year old she, never taught them that this is gross!! so I had to teach them what a tissue is for and let me tell you when a child is this old and when you see them picking and eating you just want to throw up. YUCK!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Oh dear! This may sound odd, but has anyone ever laughed at her doing it? If so, she may be doing it to entertain lol. Good luck!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 8:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My son started doing this after my always helpful dh thought it was funny to annoy me by teaching my youngest to do it (but just pretending). Now I have to remind my son to keeps his hands off his nose unless is itching. LOL
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I might have to try laughing but it just makes me so sick to see her do it, gross!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I know it's gross but they way you can't lessen the behavior is to encourage using a tissue, but ulimatetly you don't want to shame your child for doing something that is so common at that age.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2011