Has anyone had a problem with sexual harassment or bullying in thier childs school?

Since my kids have started middle school there has been repeated sexual harrassment (girls getting leg humped in lunch line, back of pants pulled down and more) there has also been verbal threats of physical violance and written ones as well. Principal always suspends the kids, they come back, do it again, get suspended again, come back .... it just keeps going on. Anybody have any ideas of what else to do? Went to school board already, that was a waiste apparently if a student has an IEP thier right to an education trumps my kids right to safety. Wrote to the state school board no responce, called the audits dept and told them it was keeping kids from an education (some kids have been taken out and home schooled) so what else do I do?

babyfat5

Asked by babyfat5 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• There are "Watch DOGS" (Dads of Great Students) around here where dads come to volunteer at the school - just to be an extra presence and watch. A couple extra men in the cafeteria will really cut down on that behavior. Most middle schools are nearly 100% women teachers, and unfortunately, a lot of kids have no real male role models to teach them that is unacceptable, and a lot of them have no respect for women, even teachers. The ones who get in trouble and still do it usually have really bad home lives (like you wouldn't believe.)
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 11:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My son was pushed down and lost his calculator (a Texas Instruments scientific). Not an inexpensive one, but not top of the line either. A teacher did not see it, therefore, the school says nothing can be done. This is frustrating. I do understand the need for more help in the school. I try to teach my son to use the old fashioned, "Golden Rule". It is hard when something like this happens. I'd get with a scho
    Springtadpole2

Answer by Springtadpole2 at 2:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• frogdawg- I'm actually in the process of organizing and letters to the paper have been written. I have researched some laws and other moms have been on the phone with lawyers. It is getting all the moms on the same page that I am having a hard time with. But that won't stop me I'm still trying I will use some of your advice though. I have not tried a college edu dept yet and I thought about calling woman's aid in crisis center but have yet to go that rough either.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:21 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• IF my daughter was cont. sexually harrassed I would press charges against the school and the parents of the leg humper.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2008