Day 4 of Weight Watchers!! Anyone know of any healthy snacks that don't cost me too many points? :)

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 8:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i have never been on Weight Watchers. But my favorite snack that I consider healthy is strips of apple dipped in peanut butter.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 8:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• love apples and peanut butter!! I could get the light peanut butter! the regular stuff is like 5 pts lol
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• red or green peppers
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i just start weight watchers about two weeks ago...and so far i have learned you can almost have any fruit or veggie for 0 points, and with peanut butter its lower points with the almond peanut butter than the regular kind, you can have 1/2 a cup of sherbet for 2 points, you can do carrots with fat free ranch dressing for 2 points, air popped popcorn, on the website they have a story that shows you the top 25 snacks you can have with low point values and dont forget to play with the cheat sheets too to see what you can have instead of...good luck on your new healthy life style journey, i wish you the best!!!
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 9:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Vitatops! They are the best thing I've ever tried to help me stick to my points.
    Also, if you start reading packages, you will find that certain brands will give you a lot more food for your points. Things like Natures Own Whitewheat bread will give you two slices for the point value of one slice of other bread, and it's fluffy white bread. (Yum)
    Another great snack is any Light Laughing Cow cheese. They come in little rounds or really tasty little spread wedges that you can have on crackers on on something. I like the sundried tomato spread (35 calories) on a turkey sandwich. It's creamy and tastes great.
    But by far, the Vitatops are my favorite diet food.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Im doing the points plus program so fruit and veggies are free 0 points! so those are always a great option or Pirates booty is 3 points a serving so are pop chips ( sooo yummy) but really the whole point is to take what you would usually eat for snack and modify it. If you usually have chocolate covered pretzels get whole grain pretzels ( so you get the most nutrition for your points) and mix in a few chocolate chips and have a yogurt with it. If you mix protein and fiber together ( fiber in pretzels protein in yogurt) it fills you up ( fiber) and keeps you full ( protein) so youll need to eat less.
    RomansMommy0108

Answer by RomansMommy0108 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2011