Ever see a young woman and think to yourself,"its only a matter of time and she'll end up pregnant"?

My neighbor Melanie allows her daughter,who will be going into 8th grade this fall,to have her boyfriend over in the house while she's at work. She says she trusts her....Hmmmph! I remember being that age. If you're left alone for 5 minutes you're up to no good!
Another one is my uncle's girlfriend's daughter. She just turned 15 and has been hanging with drug dealers. Her mom plays the trust card as well.
How can they be selling these girls short?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• i think that all the time. .. having a boyfriend over with no one home would be a definite grounding for two weeks . hanging out with drug dealers, your losing your phone n your goin to gain a hell of a conversation about drugs and how you need to choose friends wisely or your life can end up somewhere where you dont want it. .. Kids are still Kids, whether we trust them or not. They need to be watched, looked after, what ever you want to call it.
    juggalo_mommi

Answer by juggalo_mommi at 11:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Sure do, many of them running wild around our local Wal-Mart looking like small ho's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• this reminds me of when i was growing up... my parents never trusted me... I was 17 and still had to be home by 8:30 pm... I never did drugs, never drank, and I have only had sex with 2 men in my life ( the guy i dated for 4 years and my husband) ...

My younger brother who had ALL of their trust didnt even have a curfew because " they could trust him" ... at 16 he was illegally driving, knocking down mailboxes for fun, drinking and now at the age of 19 has 2 kids by 2 different women and barely talks to my parents....

obviously from experiance, you can tell how I will be raising my kidss !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have a 2yo and I am dreading when she becomes a teenager. Because it is so easy to say now that we will trust her, but you never know what kind of friends they will have! My parents were strict when i was growing up and thhey divorced when I was 15 and I lived with my dad after that. He wasn't as strict as my mom, but by then I already had a good sense of right and wrong. I just up my daughter is the same. Kids seems to be getting so mature so much younger these days.
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Yup a 6th grade girl in my sons class who wears makeup, skimpy clothes and talks to high school boys and is proud of it. He used trouble be her friend, now all she talks about is boys and he got annoyed. Funny thing is, hes the one who told me that she would be pregnant by 14. And she thinks her parents are cool because of her freedom.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I do it, it's not kind but I do. My friend is a retired stripper and her niece is a stripper currently, DH and I just shake our heads when it comes to their children because they call it "The family Biz" like there is no hope for their children. Both of them were teen moms and had no idea who the father of their first born was. I can't help but look at her 13 year-old daughter and think "How long until she is pregnant?" or "I hope she can become a better person than her mother was"

I feel so sad for kids like this, yes trust your child but don't be stupid with that trust!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You never know sometimes. Teen pregnancy happens all the time to girls who were supervised and who aren't. Rich or poor. Black or white. You just never really know. Pregnancy at any age is all about timing. So if a slut was sleeping around all month except the days she ovulated, she wouldn't get pregnant. But the girl who only went to one party this month and happened to hook up with one guy and it happened to be around the time she ovulated, bam, she's pregnant.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• They are fools to put their kids in danger like this. They need rules to keep them away from getting into trouble.

You may trust her but they are with people that should not be trusted!!!!

Parents are idiots sometimes!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• And yes I do someone that kept saying I trust my daughter and let her do stupid things and she did get pregnant at the age of 15. And I do blame her mother for being so stupid. (my sister)
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Just makes me feel bad for the girls, and boys, who's parents aren't responsible.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2011