Are you serious?

I called to make an appt. with the health department to get my pap and back on the Depo. The lady says you need to call Monday at 8 to get an appt. for the following Monday we schedule paps a week ahead. I said okay can I just make an appt. for the Depo then? She says no you have to get a pap done first. WTF!!!! are you kidding me!!! So they would rather someone get knocked up then give them the Depo without a pap first? What sence does that make? I know there are condoms but I'm just saying sometimes condoms just don't happen ya know? plus I am late getting my Depo...yes they gave it to me the first time without a pap...so really don't get it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

• I always have to get a pap and a pregnancy test before I can get any kind of birth control renewed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Theyre are reasons they set those rules. If you cant be responsible enough to protect yourself without the depo, then maybe you shouldnt be having sex. And, condoms dont just "not happen". Unless youre refering to those new condoms that chase guys down and hop right on by themselves. I didnt think they hit the shelves yet....
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 8:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Hmm? Do you have another clinic in your area that can get you in sooner (or a Primary Care doc.)? Is there a "Family Planning" center in your area? Check around. Until then - just try to be safe ... use the condom or abstain until your safe, I guess! Good Luck to you!!! Also, when you do see them, voice your complaint - maybe they'll be better for it in the future!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• if you absolutely can't get through one weekend without getting pregnant, and assuming you don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex. it's really very simple. paps are typically mandatory before giving birth control, unless it's right after you just had a baby.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It's not a weekend. I have to call Monday for an appt. the following Monday. I'm going to be safe I just think it's stupid they gave it to me the first time without a pap so what's the difference? It's just frusterating.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• At my pap they make me pee in a cup. Ever thing they want you to do that to check for pregnancy? Rather be safe than sorry. Be glad they are responsible.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Should say ever think.
    pookiekins34

• The pregnancy test I can understand. It's not safe to be on BC if your pregnant. I don't understand the pap and BC correlation I guess I'll have to ask the nurse or something.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2011