So I guess I am jealous of my daughter in law...

This is what she said about me... but I am not shocked because this is just one more thing she has said / done that shows how she really is...

So back when she first found out she was having a girl she said she was going to do the room in raggedy ann and andy ... which is so cute and I love the idea because I have a mini collection of them ( since my kids were younger) ... I even told her she could have the ones she wanted ( of course she said no to that though) ....

So my friend who makes quilts ( and curtains and things like that) started working on a RA&A baby quilt for the baby.

DIL also has a son from a previous relationship that I consider my grandson... he is with me several times a week and stays the night with me atleast once or twice a week so he has his own room... when we moved to this house this past winter, my friend made him a dinosaur quilt and curtains for "his room"...in my other spare room I planned on doing the smae for my grandaughter...

DIL didnt want the RA&A quilt friend made, of course I knew she was just saying she didnt like it to be hateful ( like she is with other things as well ) , it was beautiful so I told my friend I would just use it at my house and said that her room at my house could also be RA&A ... so she also made the curtains for me, and i decorated it realy cute ( in my opinion) ...

So the other day my son came over and i showed him the room , he told me how nice it was and he took a pic of it with his phone to sent it to her .... her text back said " OMG your mom is so f*cking jealous she had to steal MY nursery idea, I hate her so f*cking much" ....

Like I dont even know what to say to that... I have NEVER done anything to her but try to be nice and help her as much as I can... in fact I have pretty much let her walk all over me to keep the peace for my son...

I love the grandkids so much but sometimes i really wish I never even introduced her to him !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• That's hard. I would just ignore her and stop friends or you from doing anything for her.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 8:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Sounds like an immature child to me. She knew you were having the blanket made and she turned it down, why should you have your friend make something and then tell them "oh, no thanks". Someone has some growing up to do, I would be thrilled if MIL would go along with my cute themes. P.S. if you ever decide to get rid of anything ;-) I love RA&A lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• She has some growing up to do. First of all, when someone has something made for you...you don't say I DON'T WANT IT!!! How hatefull is that. What did your son say?? I have always loved quilts that were made for my kids, whether it be a theme or not, it was made with love for my babies.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 9:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• She said that to your son? *hugs* chalk it up to pregnancy for now. When she's had the baby and says something, let her know you dont appreciate it. And her childish behavior wont be tolerated. I'm sorry.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• my son seen the quilt first and he said it was nice and even talked about getting her picture on it to hang in her room... and then she seen it and as soon as they left she sent a text saying she didnt like it and doesnt want it...

of course the one she has for the room looks very similar to it...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I PRAy she will be better after the baby comes, but she had this attitude before she got pregnant, so I havelow hopes..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Dont sweat the small stuff. You had the idea obviously first and shes hormonal.

Answer by gemgem at 9:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't know how your DIL feels, but let me share with you about my MIL. It seems like her goal in life is to copy or one-up anything I do. For example, we were going to paint our living room, she sees our paint chip colors and buys the same paint for her living room; I buy new shoes - the next week she has the exact same pair; I have a tradition of doing a fish fry for the 4th of July, this year she shows up with 8 gallons (who measures fish this way?) of cooked fish. Each of these has happened in the last 2 weeks. There are plenty more, but you get the idea. If my MIL did what you are doing I would feel like once again she was trying to take things over.  Basically, you might think you are being helpful, but your DIL might like some space and to be able to have things are are "hers". She wants to plan this out, respect that and let her.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• What would happen if you confronted her on it? Call her up and say, I understand you were upset about the way I decorated the room, I was under the impression you didn't care for the quilt my friend made for you so, instead of disrespecting my friend and her hard efforts, i decided to use it because I think it's cute and I appreciate what she did! Then offer it to her, let her explain to you why she didn''t want it and why you shouldn't have it either! I've seen relationships where wives are jealous of they're husbands mother! I guess they want to be the only woman in their man's life?! If it were me, I'd turn it right back around on her, she is acting very immature and very disrespectful,call her on it so she will see this doesn't get it with you! I'd also talk to your son, I'm surprised he tolerates that! Good luck and don't let her walk all over you!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• scout_mom ... I have never "copied" her... I was planning on doing butterflies or somethint cutesy like that, but since my friend made that quilt I didnt want it to " go to waste" ... I also think it would hurt my friends feelings if I just had it folded up and put in the closet... I loved the way it looked, so I decided to use it... I am pretty sure there is nothing in our homes or no piece of clothing or anything else that are the same....

I am not going to pretend to not know how other MILS are because I had one who would "drop by" every morning and want to know every detail of our lives... that is not me ... in fact if it wasnt for the picking up and dropping off of my grandson, I would probably only see my son and DIL once in a blue moon.... but of course if they ever did need me they know I would do anything for them.

It is just now that when i do see DIL, she has to make some sort of drama... if I make dinner (
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2011