Am I wrong???

I have some friends here that are 20 years younger than my hubby and I. I used to work with her when she was in High School. Anyway, when she went into labor with their first child, Dh and I took her BF to the hospital and sat and waited for the baby to get here. It was the first time I had been on that side of the nursery window waiting for the birth of a child. I was almost as proud as the grandparents. When she went back to work after 3 weeks, she brought the baby over to me to babysit and that continued on until she was 1 and my friend had to take time off to have another baby, then I watched both of them until she lost her job recently. Those girls are now 2 and 3 years old. They come visit, I have been there for a lot of their firsts (rolling over, sitting up, walking, teething, etc) they love on me when they come visit, make themselves at home, and recently, they both told me their baby blankets I had crocheted for them were too small, we need new ones Mimi, pweeeeze. So, for their birthdays, I made them each new blankets. Now comes the difficult part of the situation. I also have a niece who had her kids at around the same time. We took her to the hospital when she was in labor and I brought them home from the hospital, she really never brings the kids over, they don't know us like they should and shy away when they are here. When my niece saw that I had made blankets for the other two, she tells me that all her daughter can talk about is having a new blanket because she's too big for hers too. Honestly, I've never heard my great niece talk, I am making one for her, but am a little irked at the way my niece is behaving, she can't just say, "would you mind making one for my girls too?". Maybe it's just me, that's why I'm asking if I'm getting irked over nothing. Any suggestions???

kustomkrochet

Asked by kustomkrochet at 9:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• make the blanket and say something in a joking manner like " Now that i gave you that lovely soft blanket, you'll have to come over more often so u can tell me wen you need another " :)
    juggalo_mommi

Answer by juggalo_mommi at 11:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• If she doesn't really talk to you then how the heck should you know?
    Boxxy

Answer by Boxxy at 9:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Make them two and call it done. or stitch some special thing into it to make it "more" than the others so she can stop being so silly.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• The easy answer is to make the blankets for them
    -Again-Whew

Answer by -Again-Whew at 9:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• The easy answer is this... if you really love them all the same, it shouldn't even be an issue if you hear your great niece say it or not, it would be an automatic thing to you to make something for them all. I can't think about doing something for one child/grandchild without already thinking about what to do for the others too.
    6GsMommy

Answer by 6GsMommy at 11:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• thank you all for your responses, the issue isn't making the other blanket, it is the attitude that bothers me. I found out the other day that she (my niece) even called her hubby's cousin to tell them that it was her daughter's b-day and they needed to go buy her some shoes for a gift. She wants to be in control of all of the gifts and dictate what her daughter gets when she should be grateful for anything we CHOOSE to get for her. That was my point, as well as the fact that if you want something from me, all you have to do is ask, not hint around and lie to get what you want.
    kustomkrochet

Comment by kustomkrochet (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2011