rolling?

my baby rolls from front to back when she wants to which is rarely. She can do it. but she doesnt roll from back to tummy yet She is 61/2 months..she sits up great. Is this common?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes. all babies learn at different rates.
    Anonymous

• yes, dont worry! Every baby is different!
    porterjoshua06

Answer by porterjoshua06 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Yes, rolling is not as significant. It won't affect the outcome of your baby standing, walking, etc. Your baby is fine.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Every baby is different. Mine rolled over at 2 weeks from back to front and front to back at 2 months. He started crawling at 5 months, but here is the catch. He couldn't sit up on his own until he was 8 months old. He couldn't hold his own head up until he was 4 months, and he is just now putting any weight on his legs.
    ReachtotheStars

Answer by ReachtotheStars at 9:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• mine is 5 1/2 months and rolls both directions, but I wouldn't be concerned. My DD learned both in the same weekend. All babies learn at different rates, and it will soon come, and then you turn your back and they have scooted all the way across the living room. LOL Just happened tonight. Be patient and it will happen in due time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Your child is developing in the normal sequence, just at her own pace. My son hasn't rolled (completely) onto his stomach because he does not like being in that position (daycare....long story). We place him on his tummy and he instantly rolls to his back; he also tolerates his side. If your child is sitting up unsupported, I wouldn't worry too much, sounds like she has good head and trunk control. Just keep working with her, when she is on her back offer a toy to her side to entice her to roll to her side and eventually all the way over..... Good Luck.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have asked the same question. My ds is 8 months old and still won't roll over from back. He crawls, pulls up, cruises but if he falls backward he just lays there and cries until somebody sits him back up. Don't worry.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 11:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• well babies use there head as leverage, she can lift her head to help roll onto her back, but she can't do it from back to tummy : ) at least thats my guess = D
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• yes, it's normal. My son could roll from back to tummy and tummy to back, but he had trouble sitting up! It took him awhile to conquer that, but he did! Every baby is different!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008