Divorced moms

how did you get through your divorce and still maintain your sanity? i am already in counseling for my mental health issues (severe anxiety) and i haven't even drawn up divorce papers yet. i'm the one who's husband shook her baby and was lied to about it. he's coming today to get the rest of his shit and when he's on his way i'm taking the kids and going to my parent's while he's here. i just can't bare to look at him. i mean, this is his fault and he caused everything in our marriage to fail. he was at one point the love of my life though and i have to let him go now but he's the one who put me in this situation. i have to choose to protect my kids over him. and i can't rebuild our marriage based on no trust and no respect. but the love is still there. when will it go away? will i have any sanity left by the time this whole mess is over? i just want to put it behind me and move on, but i don't think i will ever love another man the way i loved him. he made his bed...now he has to lay in it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Thank you for choosing to protect your kids first. I am so very proud at how brave you are being. It's a tough road, not always easy. I've been there. I think for me making my own decisions were scary at first though you will see it's worth it. When I got my divorce everything was faster and free because of what he did. They gave an order of protection based on his action and there were times I though I might regret it. He messed up and there was no going back. The kids had to be #1. I still had feeling for him a long time after, so no, they don't just go away. In time you will look back on this and realize you did the right thing and you kids will respect you for getting all of them them out of a bad situation. What he did will never stop shocking you. I remembered such tender moments with my ex, he loved us. It's so difficult throwing that all away. Please find a group with women to talk to, it really helps.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Has he been violent at any other time during your marriage? Was the baby ok or hurt by this? I missed this story I guess. Im truely sorry you are going thru this. Did this one incident take you by surprise or has he had an anger problem all along? How many kids do you have together?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• so sorry ur having such a hard time. it's so tuff when going through divorce. the more you talk about it, it will help u push through. that's good that u are going to counceling. i wish i would've gone. i think ur taking steps in the right direction. i know at times u will feel like u can't move on, but take a deep breath and know that u are strong and u will!! good luck to you!!
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011