Baby monitor question

How old was ur child when u stopped using a baby monitor?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 9:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I honestly never used it much because I shared a room with them. And nap times were typically taken in the livingroom in their playpen/bassinet or somewhere of equal comfort.. (in otherwords, my kids were always a few steps away most of the time).. The only time I used them were when I'd take a nice relaxing bath at night when they were sleeping, or a few times such as the snow storm when my oldest was a baby and napping, I used the time to shovel out the driveway so we could get out in case of any emergency, like the power going out and we'd need to travel to say my parents house (because if the power went out we'd have been out of heat, thankfully that didn't happen though, lol).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I stopped when they were out of their cribs. They weren't allowed to climb out on their own; I felt it was dangerous. I relied on the monitor to see when they needed something.  Once they were in beds, they could come and get me if they needed help.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• We stopped using ours when our 3rd child was 6 months old. It actually broke and we just never replaced it. At the time she was sharing a room with her 19mo brother and our 2yo was across the hall. Our room was upstairs. For a few months my husband slept in the living room because she started waking up for a bottle in the middle of the night (after sleeping through since 5 weeks old).
    We haven't had a monitor since then and have had 2 other kids. They are 5 and almost 1 now (those first 3 are 11, 9 and 8). As I type this the baby is in his crib in my room on the complete other side of the house right now. The house is small enough that when he cries I can hear him or someone does (the kids' rooms are right across the hall so they usually hear him first).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2011