What would you do.. in depth drama.. adult content

So, I live in the UK and my Dh is deploying soon. I'm having a baby while he's gone and I have another young child at home.

My mom keeps saying that she's saving up to come for the baby to be born. (her bf lives in Europe, so she'd come and stay for a bit, then go see him). But she's planning on dragging my little brother and leaving him at our house while she visits her bf. He'll be taken out of school for this... so I told her to just not come and that I can handle it on my own. She's refusing to do this... probably because she wants to see her bf. Her trip should last somewhere around 2 months.. and my brother who is already struggling in school would probably be set back an entire semester of credits in high school.

I'm at a loss for what to do. It would be nice having my mom here when the baby is born, but it might just be more stress then it's worth. She smokes.. and I don't want that crap around my kids. Also, last time I saw her she started a whole bunch of crap with me and my Dh and I ended up leaving on bad terms. Not to mention my brother doesn't deserve to be taken out of school that long. It would really mess up his education.

I'm considering telling her that if she takes my brother out of school.. she's not welcome in my home, I don't care how much she pays in plane tickets... it's ridiculous.. and she's stressing me out more then she knows with this crap.

What would you do? Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Yikes! I would suggest strongly and firmly that she not do that. It's disrespectful to you, your kids and your brother. I'm sure a trip to the UK would just be outstanding and I would love to move there myself (I live in Oklahoma - gross) but for her to come, stay for a bit and then take off to other parts of Europe and leave your brother with you is really, really inconsiderate. What does DH say? More stress is not healthy for anyone, especially you! If she ends up coming, make her smoke outside. It's your house. And brother needs to stay with another family member and finish school, if possible. And another thing: do you suppose she might just be blowing smoke? I sure hope so - you sure don't need all of THAT! Good luck!!
    BryRon

Answer by BryRon at 9:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Sounds like she just wants to see her bf and does not care what anyone else thinks. Maybe you could use this time with your brother to help him out. I just don't know what to tell you. Rough spot she has you in.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would tell her that it's okay and that maybe she can come visit when DH is home or for a weekend?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• tell her how you feel. if that doesnt work put your foot down and say no. as much as it would be nice to have her there for the kids, its just not the time
    juggalo_mommi

Answer by juggalo_mommi at 11:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• thats stupid! here, lemme come visit and help you out with your young child and NB, then i'll be leaving, placing the responsibility of a teenage boy on your shoulders-- ontop of your young child and NB! if she comes, be sure to let her know that bro has to leave when she leaves.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• she's in it for herself. y in the world would u take ur kid outta school for 2 months during the school yr? that's absurd! you don't need that kinda stress on u. and even if she did go...tell her to stay with her bf due to her smoking. but she doesn't need to bring ur brother. if there is someone there that he could stay with, a friend or something so he wouldn't miss school??
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would tell her to put her son first and stop thinking about only herself! You have a child and one on the way and then shes gonna leave your brother there for you to take care of (meals, laundry, hes a guest). I would tell her you are gonna have your hands full with a new baby and would prefer not to have a 2 month house gest and I new baby at the same time. Your brothers schooling is the most important thing!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011