What do you do when you can't sleep at night?

how do you help yourself go back to sleep? I wake up at least times at night and it takes me an hour to an hour and half to go back to sleep and sometimes I can't. What techniques do you use to get back to sleep or sleep all night?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

• When I'm worried and I can't sleep
    I count my blessings instead of sheep
    And I fall asleep counting my blessings
    When my bankroll is getting small
    I think of when I had none at all
    And I fall asleep counting my blessings
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 10:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have no answers for you because I am wondering the same thing!!! I go in spurts ~ I sleep well for a week or longer, then I just can't. However, I rarely sleep through the night without waking up... Although, I must say ~ once I am up, I am good for the day. I am not a napper and don't seem to be over tired when I don't get much sleep. Just takes me a while to get going in the mornings. Sometimes I can't get back to sleep because of my husband being such a loud sleeper ~ either snoring or just breathing very heavy. Sometimes when he gets up for work in the morning, I can fall back to sleep within minutes ~ lol!!
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 10:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I am struggling with the same thing right now. I think that since school is out and by routine is off, it is messing me up. I even tried melatonin with no help! I usually get up, watch tv, do laundry, wash dishes, whatever. The way I see it, if I am not sleeping, I may as well be productive!!! I know that is not the best for me, but hopefully when school starts back, I will get back on track! If you hear of something that works, please let me know!!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Since I'm currently pregnant, I have many nights like this. Whether it's because I'm up 2-3 times a night going to the bathroom or I've just got too much on my mind. Most of the time if I'm having a hard time sleeping, I'll try to see how high I can count before I pass out or sometimes I just start to think of different songs and sing them in my head until I fall asleep.
    LDS2184

Answer by LDS2184 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Are you on any medications that could be giving you sleep issues?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I feel excersie helps a person sleep like the dead. Or stretching before bed. I usually feel reading helps if you aren't quite tired yet.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2011