Which is better???

I am new to all of this and my son wants one for his B-day. Which is better the Kindle or the Nook??? Thanks in advance!!!!

RelaxedMom2-3

Asked by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Shopping

• I want one too, so bad. I hear a lot of good reviews on the Kindle.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i have a kindle and love it!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My own personal experience I'd go with the nook just because of issues Ive had and my mom. One lesson we learned is to check out for sure the warrenty on it!! Ours busted within the 1st yr and we dont abuse it at all the screen just went black.
    I found this site helpful :)
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20009738-1/kindle-vs-nook-vs-ipad-which-e-book-reader-should-you-buy/
    dedicatedmama2

Answer by dedicatedmama2 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Maybe i should have elaborated more so you will know a little more about the kindle! I like it because the screen is anti glare which is so important especially if your outside or something. You buy books from Amazon and prices vary. I have paid 0.00 to 10.00 a book and it's always cheaper than buying books at a store. Books download in 60 seconds or less and i think it stores up to 1000! I like how you can take it anywhere and it's super thin. I don't know anything about a Nook so I can't compare it?! Hope that helps!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Personally I think nook. They allow more formats and many libraries allow you to check out books on your nook. Also nook readers can lead and borrow books with other nook readers. There much more "freedom" with the nook. I haven't had one yet, but I'm getting one at the end of the month for my b-day.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Personally, I prefer the Kindle. I spent months trying to decide which eReader I was going to get and finally settled with the Kindle and I couldn't be happier.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• "They allow more formats and many libraries allow you to check out books on your nook. Also nook readers can lead and borrow books with other nook readers."

I'm not sure about the formats (I know the Kindle supports like 10 formats or more, though), but a lot of libraries are starting to lend with Kindle, too from what I hear (our library JUST started doing eBooks, so it will probably be years before they lend to any device). And you can lend books with the Kindle. I haven't done it, but I don't know anyone besides my mom who has a Kindle, and she doesn't read the same things I do.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Wish I could help you out. I don't have either.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 12:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't have either but have heard that the Nook is really good it is more of a personal preference I think
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2011