What should i do regarding my 14 year old daughter?

My daughter has a "boyfriend" which basically means they text each other and talk on Facebook. They don't even go anywhere together, she doesn't see him, he doesn't see her but they talk all the time. Last night he posted on her facebook that he was sorry they were fighting because he has trust issues and thinks she is cheating. Wth! My daughter has never kissed a boy or even held hands with a boy! Should I say something to her because obviously this boy has issues and what should I say?

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 10:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Nope, let it go. This is one of the things they need to learn about dating. Trust is huge, and it is hard to trust someone fully, even if they are a saint.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would stay out of it until she mentions it to you.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Just let it go. They will work it out.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yep- ignore it
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 10:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Really? That doesn't seem controlling or freaky to you?
    emmyandlisa

Comment by emmyandlisa (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Let it go they have to learn on their own and since they don't even see each other I wouldn't worry about it.
    JanetR74

Answer by JanetR74 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would have an issue with a boy posting on my child's FB page that he thinks she is a hoe. But, my daughter wouldn't have a FB or a cell phone so, that would not be an issue for me. Tell her that he if really though of her as a girlfriend he wouldn't be disrespecting her on a public forum like that. He needs to address his issues with her privately. I would put the brakes on this "relationship." To answer your most recent question, yes, he sounds controlling and he is making up excuses for it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2011