Can you help me with an acronym?

I have the following letters. The acronym is about different "ribbon causes" (breast cancer, autism, troops, etc) so I don't want anything funny or leud and this is something I need a serious answer to and help with. :)

I would like it to be something easy to associate with and remember if possible.

Thanks!

D C P R A S E

They stand for:

Diagnosis

Cure

Precention

Research

Awareness

Support

Education

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 10:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Im confused, whats an acronym... you want the letters to spell something, or different meanings for them, if you tell me, I will help.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 10:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• This is definitely not an easy task - I understand why you're asking for some imput! Well, the first thing I came up with was "SCRAPED" , but I realized considering what the letters stand for, that's not a good idea. Then I came up with "PRACDSE" which kind of looks like "practice". I'll try to see if I can come up with anything else - Good luck!!
    LDS2184

Answer by LDS2184 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't get what your asking...you already have it.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• just say it like DC praise without the "i" that's how i said it when i first saw it
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• All I keep seeing is DES CRAP. lol... I'll keep thinking.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 10:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• SCRAPED
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 10:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Thanks LDS :)

2teens, an acronym is typically a grouping of letters to stand for something else. That way you don't have to use every word. Same as when people on CM use SO for significant Other, DH for Dear Husband, etc.

happymama, as LDS has acknowledged I am looking for something to use to be easy to remember... such as a word out of what I have provided. Not just a mesh of letters. :)

If I have to add to it I alwasy could. Such as if there is an additional word you can think of that would relate to the "ribbon causes" that would help to make a better acronym?
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Well, there's a CAPS in there, REDCAPS? SPEDCAR? SPARCED?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• LDS beat me. :(
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 10:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• SCARED
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2011