What does it mean when the dr says your cervics are soft, but still have ways to go?

I am 35 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I got the strep b test done yesterday and since he was already down there he went ahead to see if I was dialated at all. This is my 3rd baby, but I wasn't opening up, soft dialating or snything with them. But he was like you are soft, but still have ways to go. I don't know if that means I am dialted, not dialated starting to dialte or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• your preparing to dilate your cervix has to soften before it can dilate but even then it can be a while.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• ya he told me I was soft, but I have ways to go
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• your starting to dialate you may not have as long though as the dr says. i had the same problem when i was 37 1/2 weeks, but right at 38 i had my daughter.
    trish201

Answer by trish201 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2011