Do you think "dada" is still usually baby's 1st word even when the parent's don't speak English?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Good question.. Probably.. I don't think the know right off it means dada.. its just an easy sound to make.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• no, even though all we speak is english, neither one of my kids said dada first, my dd said uhoh and my ds said mama
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• just depends i suppose. how they mimic your tongue and lips move, and make noise mimicking they way your mouth works.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Are you talking the sound that they babble or the actual word dada that they start to say when they are older when actually referring to a certain person?
    Because none of my kids said the word dada first. #1 said kiki (kitty), #2 said ball, #3 and #4 said mama and #5 hasn't said a first word yet but he's been babbling dada, mama and baba for awhile now but they don't mean anything particular. They are just easy sounds that babies make (he'll be 1 next week). From the way he's going mama will be his first word, too.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2011