So lonely during the weekends

I have had this problem since a was a kid. I get so lonely during the weekend. I try to find things I can afford to do during the weekend and do them but when I know I cant I am so bored. I am a very social person so this depressed the heck out of me. My old friends live abot 30-40 min away but they are either wrapped up in their family life or afraid to come to the big city. The local dont really do much. Only reason I enjoy going to school is so I can meet people and socialize. I'm a social loaner. Also I dont have a car so kinda limited to what to do. I feel alone. I want to fun and exciting things ont he weekend...I dont care if it is going to a yard sale as long as I am going with someone it is fun to me. I hate it just being me and my son 24/7.

I dont know how to increase friends and go do stuff with them. I feel like everyone is so wrapped up in their stuff there is no room for me.
The big city is Detroi sooooo not like NYC, Chicago, L.A.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Libraries have things for free on the weekends. So do some parks.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• There is church on Sunday. And sometimes they have functions in the evening..ours used to have cookouts, and stamping parties, all kinds of stuff. Sometimes they need people to go meet with people who feel lonely like you are feeling. Maybe they would need someone like you to help create fellowship functions. Just an idea..plus there would lots to do for your son.

I have a home business and I could certainly use someone like you who loves to socialize.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I guess I really don't understand how anyone can be bored when there is so much to read, so many hobbies you can learn to do , so many CD's to listen to while you are reading, so many games to play with your kids, so many learning opportunities, so many movies to watch, so many walks to take, so much housework to do----LOL---I just don't get it !!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2011