Is $65 really enough to keep phones on when the bill is almost $200?

DH messed up his account and I put what was left of my paycheck onto the phonebill for this month but I am not sure he is correct..

Will $65 really be enough to keep our AT&T cell phones on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• Usually they only want the balance brought forward for the bill to keep the phone on. And if you call them you can find out for sure.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 4:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Doubt it...
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Lol, no problem. :)
    I've had problems with accounts being in DH's name too. Could he call and ask them to have you added? Or do you have POA, would they accept that?
    But you really need to talk to them, because if it would keep it from getting turned off, they will most likely want to set up a payment plan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Showing a good faith effort is usually lets them know that you intend to pay, and they won't take drastic measures if you continue to pay toward/pay off your bill. Did you try to call and get shut down, or did you not call at all? Sometimes if you can provide the "security" info and explain the situation and what you want (to make sure they received the payment and go from there), they may allow you to speak on his behalf. These dang security laws are a pain in my butt!
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Id call them and make a payment agreement, but I doubt it will be enough but you wont know until you call and ask and see if they can work with you.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You will need to call and talk to them like a grown up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Anon, it would be great if i were actually ON the plan! The phone is in DH's name and he isn't currently in the country. but thanks for the sarcasm!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't have a POA because he is supposed to be gone a month max and him calling will be like the titanic floating to the top and sailing off. Mr. Procrastination does things on his own time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would call them and work something out with them.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• just call them and find out, as long as you have a good history they should work with you. we been with our company 4 years and when we cant make a payment we call and say its going to be late.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2011