Mother's Day out, karate, art, or piano for a 3 year old?

Which one would be the most benefical? He's super into music, not art as much as he used to be but I think it's because I'm not creative and he got tired of painting. He's also super active... But I know MDO is good for school prep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• we just started our 3 year old in karate and it is wonderful. my 6 year old has been in karate for almost a year now and the benefits have been great. the self discipline is phenomenal! i can't speak about the music or art classes, as we've never done that before, however I'm sure that those would have benefits as well. the karate school we go to offers the first class for free...i wonder if you could call around and see if you could have him do a free class somewhere to see if he likes it first.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• At 3 anything you do is going to be good for school prep. The idea is to get him used to working in a group setting and how to take direction from an adult that is not you in a class environment.

Personally, I have always made the decision on activities based on what my child wanted to do - even at the preschool stage. If he doesn't like art, don't sign him up for art. I've been told 3 is a little too young for piano by a music pro. Their hands are not wide enough yet to span the keys properly. We looked into it and decided to wait until they were older. Why not try a trial class of the things you're considering and let him tell you which he likes best after trying that out.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would choose either art or karate. That's just me though :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Karate
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree, karate would be excellent!
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• karate
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• karate
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 9:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2011