Interested in a DIAPER DRIVE?

READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH OR YOU MIGHT JUST BE CONFUSED! LOL

So I live in Ringgold, Georgia and as most of you know, we got hit pretty hard by the tornadoes. My family was virtually untouched, thank goodness, we escaped with a piece of tin missing off our roof. And the day they hit (April 27) was my due date!!! So we're hiding in the basement and I'm thinking "if I have to have a home delivery will my DH be able to handle it?!" of course, that was almost as irrational as trying to get out! But luckily my DS waiting until 5-1 to come :) But anyway...
I wanted to do something not just in Ringgold but throughout Georgia and Tennessee (and if all goes well this time through other areas that got hit, too) and start a Diaper Drive.
I'm taking donations (mostly diapers but also monetary donations to specific shelters & food pantries that donate diapers: hopefully they can be sent directly to them and just credited to our drive so that everyone is happy!) and volunteers! I'm working with vendors in the area: Mary Kay, a photography studio, 31, Uppercase Living, doctor's offices, etc. to get a week long "party" going for the Drive.
It'll be next month so if you're in the Chattanooga/Dunlap/Nashville areas in Tennessee or Dalton/Ringgold/Conyers/Adairsville/Cartersville areas and you'd like to help, let me know!
Or if you'd like to mail in your diapers message me and I can give you an address!

This drive is going on Huggies.com and also in the local papers to help promote it so we're not playing around! The goal is (at least) 100,000 Newborn-4 diapers and pullups!
The question isn't should you help but how much?!

Let's do this ladies and help out those moms who NEED it.

Also, if you're in need and would like to receive diapers or baby food or school supplies send me a message and we can work something out.

b.inwonderland

Asked by b.inwonderland at 10:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• and box tops! We're going to be donating them and the school supplies to the local schools.
    b.inwonderland

Comment by b.inwonderland (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• thats is a wonderful idea, i'll let you know if we will be able to help in anyway. Congrats on your ds, he's 23 years younger than me to the day lol!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Lol thanks :)
    A big thing you can do is help promote with your friends! Dates are August 1-15. I'll let whoever's interested know the dates and dropoff locations.
    b.inwonderland

Comment by b.inwonderland (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• okay, well... it's going to be the whole month of august! message me for event details
    b.inwonderland

Comment by b.inwonderland (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2011