Have you a clue?

How do I stop a 11 yo girl from running outside when she's mad at me? She has even taken off our property. What do I do for a consequence for leaving the house after the incident is done and over?? Maybe should say "yes, go outside to cool down but don't leave our property"?? I'm so scared if I do she will leave our property again. I'm not taking her anywhere for 3 days, no pool, or any other fun but is there a better consequence that is 'fit the crime type' that I can use???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• i would kick her little ass if it was me. just MO
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 11:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• This is suspiciously like this other question. Even the syntex of the question is similar.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I like the duct tape idea.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 11:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Why do I keep reading the same questions over and over? I get the pregnancy repeats, but this one seems like a rerun.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• What is the deal with the duct tape? Are you guys serious?

Of course, you can't do that.

I would give her a good dose of scare by talking to her specifically about the dangers of someone her age being alone without the protection of the adults. It is a safety issue. Once she hears some of the things that are possible, she'll think twice about it.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My 11yo does that when she's mad. Last time she ran outside and got to the house next door and I yelled out that if she went any further she'd be grounded the rest of the month (it was the 3rd). She took off, I went back inside to deal with my other 4 kids. An hour later I sent my 8 and 9 year olds out to look for her (she went to the park). She finally came home and was grounded the entire month just when the weather started getting nice so all her friends wanted to hang out.
    Of course, my kids are already allowed to wander around outside without an adult. I knew where she went and I wasn't about to go running all over the place to drag her home when I had a sick baby in the house.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2011