Help!

How do I stop this friendship or what do I do? My daughter has a friend (they are 12) who puts "I'm beautiful stuff", put a boy "in relationship" on her facebook site, sexy poses, etc... She had put something on her facebook yesterday about how sad she was that she doesn't get to see her boyfriend as much as she wants, she just got her hair highlighted and put a pose of herself taking a picture of herself with that "oh, I'm so beautiful pose" on facebook. She begs for compliments, she's either conceited or has a bad self image and has to have everyone else build her up. Her Mom plays into it by posting so... often Oh, you are so beautiful, oh, my pretty girl, on and on... blaaaa it's sickening it's so... much and on facebook WEIRD. This time she (her Mom) posted "you are so friggin beautiful" when she was begging for compliments on her new doo. Anyway, this is the same girl who had my dd and another girl over and they I caught them walking down the street in the morning when her Mom had left for work, was out with her boyfriend that night my dd stayed over at a girls house.She had stayed there also cuz they saw her w/her boyfriend at the park. I told her yesterday that she couldn't go swimming with her because of what I had seen that morning on her facebook page about her boyfriend, and the braggy stuff and past stuff (I had just had enough). My dd blew a gasket and called the girl and told her what I said and told the girl who had invited her to the pool. The girl had called and called my phone 5 x's (I just didn't answer).The Mom sent me an email yesterday telling me I am wrong. I haven't even answered it. Gosh, what is it with all these friend problems. She is also invited to an amusement park in a little over a week. I said no to that becuz of not knowing the girlfriend of her divorced father who has been in prison.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sooo.... you don't want your daughter to have a friend who is conceited? I totally get it. I mean, you should destroy the friendship and introduce your daughter to girls who do drugs or are in a crazy violent gang. Conceit is just the devil.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 11:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• get rid of the friend.
    nikkita311

Answer by nikkita311 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Where did your daughter find this trash? I would flip my lid if my kid told me she wished I was dead. I say it's time to redo your parenting style. This type of behavior is unacceptable. You are the parent, she is the child. I'm glad you cut off ties to the teenage tramp friend but have you actually sat down with her and explained to her why you don't want her to be friends with her? Tell her about the consequences of getting into a whorey lifestyle. It doesn't look good. I don't know, if it were me I would punish her for the wishing I were dead remarks and tell her that when she turns 18 she can screw up her life but as long as she is under 18 and still in school you care about how she turns out and who she hangs out with. She'll get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Wow. I can see why you would choose to stay anonymous with an answer like that. What a cynical way to look at everything.. to you and the OP. Here's a more grown-up approach to the whole situation... As one poster already said...let's introduce your daughter to a couple drug addicts and see what kind of behavior you get then. If the worst thing you have to bitch about with this kid is she's fishing for positive compliments, You are the one with the issues. But hey you're right, let's take another little girl... and she still is a little girl... and throw her under a bus because we're too stuck in our own little world to see that maybe.. Just Maybe this girl needs someone to love her. You don't know what really goes on in her life.. you don't know anything except what you see posted on a FB page and you're judging her instead of being a loving parent and trying to get to know her.
    6GsMommy

Answer by 6GsMommy at 11:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Oh and one more thing... Since when is it wrong to tell a girl she's beautiful?? That just seems like the dumbest part of your whole rant. Do you not tell your own daughter she's beautiful and smart?? I tell all 6 of my girls and my granddaughter every day how beautiful and smart they are. If you don't, then you're the one who will end up with the kid with severe self-esteem issues worse then your daughter's friend. I guess the whole Dove campaign to improve a girl's self image is Completely wasted on the 'parents' like you.
    6GsMommy

Answer by 6GsMommy at 11:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• She doesn't need another friend SHE NEEDS A MOM TO TELL HER WHEN SHE IS GOING ASTRAY!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011