GPS?

My DH spent time confiding in a female co-worker. I noticed something was crazy wrong cause he spent over 700 cell minutes talking about our relationship. He stopped after I flipped out, for a while, and now it appears he is just calling the main work line instead of her personal cell. I am tempted to get a GPS tracker, however I feel convicted for not trusting him. Would you track your DH/SO in my situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm not sure I'd spend all that money just to track him. What about checking his mileage? Or calling her yourself?

I don't think it's right to spend THAT much time confiding in another woman when you have a wife at home. He NEEDS to be confiding in you!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• oh yeah... i would definately track him! that is waaaaayyyy to long to be talking to a female coworker... and is you two have problems, bringing some woman into the loop isnt going to make things better between the two of you... it will make it worse. he needs to keep your private business PRIVATE and talk to you, if he has something he needs to say!
    Anonymous

• Why bother? I mean really...you already don't trust him and have strong suspicions that he's messing around. Confront him or suck it up.
    Anonymous

• GPS and tracking?!? How about sitting down and talking it out! Just say, I've been nosy, and I've found something that's really bothering me, and I want us to fix it!

It sounds like it's time for some marital counseling. obviously, this other woman is somehow filling a need for him - that's not to say that you're inadequate in any way - it's just to say that he's decided to turn to her for some unknown reason.

I really like the "5 Love Languages" approach used by Dr. Gary Chapman. My husband and I have different "love languages," and until I learned to speak his "language," he didn't feel as loved as he could have. ...I also like the "love tank" illustration in this book - DH's tank was on empty - the love wasn't going in!

It's definitely time to put a stop to this kind of behavior on his part, but being sneaky is only going to make him feel more justified in what he's doing.

Good luck! I hope it works out for you!
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• When you get sucked into crazy thoughts..you need to talk to someone like a professional...crazy thoughts begets crazy behavior. Talking to another woman, at lengths.. its not crazy..you are for tolerating it. It is not normal! I'd let him know where you stand and he has a choice to make, but you had better be ready to back up what you say or it will all be for naught! The one he needs to talk to about your relationship is you...that is the only way it can change, unless he is just looking for sympathy and a shoulder, but there's a body attached to that shoulder, know what I mean. Be honest with yourself and be true to yourself, let him know what and how you are thinking, but the truth maybe bitter so be prepared and strong. To answer your question I would not track him unless he swears nothing is happening and the behavior continues, but I would probably just walk..easier said than done, I know. Good luck. Regain your sanity with or without him. Life is too short.
    s.c.a.r.l.e.t.

Answer by s.c.a.r.l.e.t. at 1:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• look I have been there and if he is going to talk to her. He will find away. You need to tell him that it is you and his kids. Or this hoe bag. And Yea i did call her. and told her to back the F up and leave my man alone. But that is me. and if you need to talk let me know. OK.
    lovemy2dogs

Answer by lovemy2dogs at 8:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2008