crying at work

i work at a hotel and i have had some a holes 2 nite i mean alot and saying ruding things to me and of course i don't say anything back cuz i can't afford 2 get fired cuz my bf is layed off

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Behavior like what you described IS ABUSE and under no circumstances should it be tolerated! When I worked in customer service and encountered abusive people;

1. I lowered my voice to a near whisper and kindly asked the offender to speak to me in the same manner in which I speak to them, with dignity, calm, and kindness. (with a soft, kind look on my face)

2. If they do not treat me in such a manner as I have asked, and I feel threatened, I warn them that such treatment will not be tolerated and I will call security or 911 to have them removed immediately.

3. I follow through with calling security or 911 if they do not comply.
    I hope this helps.
    Emme69

Answer by Emme69 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Just try to let it roll off your back. I know its hard not to take things personal, but don't give some a-hole the satisfaction of making you feel bad. It will be okay, its hard working in customer service I know I have been in your shoes before. Just keep your chin up!
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• BS, it's your job to help them not take abuse. I would have called a manager to step in or asked them to leave!
    Anonymous

• UM, where is your manager? I would never let someone talk to my people that way. Ever.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Talk to your manager about it and ignore it. We all deal with assholes at work. Screw them.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2008