What is the difference between the shot & the pill

other than the shot is 3 months and the pill is daily? what's the difference as far as effectiveness and affecting your milk supplies?

b.inwonderland

Asked by b.inwonderland at 11:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The shot is evil.... I don't think either will effect you breastfeeding, and they are both effective when used properly. ( make sure when your on other antibiotics you wear a condemn, you get the shot within the time frame etc...)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• gotcha. lol what's up with the shot? I don't know anyone who's ever used it so I have NO clue which one to choose! I'm on the pill now, and it's fine but I'm worried it might be affecting my supply since it went down after I started taking it.
    b.inwonderland

Comment by b.inwonderland (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• the shot hurts well it did me anyhow and it didn't just hurt the day i got it. it hurt for two days
    cassieandsabree

Answer by cassieandsabree at 12:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• That's no good!
    b.inwonderland

Comment by b.inwonderland (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I got a depo shot before I left the hospital with my youngest. It was my first depo shot.

I haven't noticed any effects from it. It hasn't affected my supply at all. I had a lot more side effects from the pill than I have had from the shot.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Oh and it didn't hurt either. But then again, I had been having a shot every week for 20 weeks that did hurt for a couple of days every time, so another shot wasn't a big deal to me. :)
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I can imagine not. I'm thinking of switching over to the shot... how much is it compared to the birth control? because obviously that's a doctor's visit every three months. Does anyone know?
    b.inwonderland

Comment by b.inwonderland (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2011