Does anyone give their baby organic

milk instead of cow milk? When did you start? My baby is almost 11 months. I bought some strawberry flavor organic milk and she got mad when her bottle was empty. I give her 8 oz a day of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What do you mean milk instead of cow milk? It still comes from the cow except it's organic, which means they didn't pump that cow with hormones,antibiotics or genetically modified.

Anonymous

• I started organic whole milk the day after my daughter turned a year old ( 2 weeks ago ). I still breastfeed, in process of weaning her. I just switch off. I don't think it's necessary to give babies flavored milk just yet.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My son is only 10 months old and will get lactaid when he turns 1 because he is lactose intolerant.

If he did need cows milk, if I could afford it I would buy organic because it is really better for growth.

I have drank organic milk and it tastes fine. No difference that I noticed. Just healthier.

I would watch the sugar in strawberry and other flavors.
    ReachtotheStars

Answer by ReachtotheStars at 9:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• 1) Organic milk is still cow milk. 2) Babies shouldn't have any kind of cow milk until after 12 mos. of age 3) Babies 12mos. + need whole milk. 4) You should never feed an infant flavored milk as their source of nutrients.
    Anonymous

• Organic cow milk is still cow milk. You neeed to wait untill 12 months or risk intestinal bleeding and anemia. Also, why flavored? She'll be much healthier the less sugar you allow her to have and it will help her to develop a taste for good foods instead of artificially flavored ones.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My son and I both drink organic milk, but these ladies are right, it is still cows' milk without the hormones. We even drink the organic lactose free stuff because we are both intolerant. It isn't any different, the organic just has fewer things in it to harm you. No bleach, pesticides, growth hormone, etc. I would never go back to regular milk again, after seeing that it is so much better for you with no change in taste or anything.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2008